Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Not mine - -- - -

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    You loved me for a little,
    Who could not love me long;
    You gave me wings of gladness
    And lent my spirit song.

    You loved me for an hour
    But only with your eyes;
    Your lips I could not capture
    By storm or by suprise.

    Your mouth that I remember
    With a rush of sudden pain
    As one remembers starlight
    Or roses after rain...

    Out of a world of laughter
    Suddenly I am sad...
    Day and night it haunts me,
    The kiss I never had.

    --Sydney King Russel

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member utopianChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that is one of my favorite poems. So beautiful. thank you, its been so long since i've read it.

    ------------------
    utopianChaos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •